HeartLINK Classes are taught using the curriculum of the American Heart Association assuring your certification meets all OSHA, hospital and regulatory requirements.
Program features include:
- Classes Taught On-Site
- Blended Learning Options
- Experienced and Knowledgeable Medically Trained Instructors
- Customized First Aid Supplies
- Authorized ZOLL Distributor
Because of our personal touch you can be sure you emerge from our classes refreshed, empowered and ready to serve with confidence. Serving Oregon and SW Washington. Keep current in the field of health and safety with our informative blog below.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged ACLS, American Heart Association AHA, BLS, Camas, CPR, Lake Oswego, MD, NREMT, Oregon, OSHA, PALS, Paramedic Refresher, PEARS, Pediatric, Portland, RN, Safety, Salem, SW Washington, Tigard, Training, Tualatin
BLS Instructors are qualified to teach the BLS for Healthcare Provider Course as well as the Heartsaver Course for the lay person. The BLS Instructor Course is approximately 9 hours. The course consists of BLS Instructor Essentials, (3 hours of individual on-line pre-course work), and an additional 6 hours of classroom training and practice. This is followed by a monitoring of your abilities while you teach a course. Contact Kristi for registration details.
RESERVE YOUR SEAT TODAY!
- Registration is open for February 4-8, 2015
- 48 + Hours of Paramedic Continuing Education
- HeartLINK Health Services is gathering top instructors from across the region to deliver 5 intensive and inspirational days of paramedic continuing education in Portland, Oregon. All NREMT-Paramedics must complete a state approved EMT-P to Paramedic Transition Course to be registered for National EMS Certification as a Paramedic (NRP) within their next two recertification cycles. By completing this course, you will satisfy the mandated CME requirement for Oregon and Washington. You will also complete the 32 continuing education topical hours from the required four divisions of Mandatory Core Content and five divisions of Flexible Core Content that are equivalent to a Paramedic Refresher Course. When united with completion of an 8 hour ACLS Renewal Course and an 8 hour PALS renewal Course (qualifying for 16 hours of additional Mandatory Core Content), the program meets the intent of the NREMT and USDOT 48 Hour Paramedic Refresher Course, as required in Section 1 of the NREMT-P Requirements.
- Course conveniently held just outside the Portland Airport – Free Parking.
Members of PDBA learned how and why a customized safety program is important to their business at today’s breakfast meeting. Jenee Bader lead an interactive discussion on the relevance of safety training no matter how big or small an organization is. She covered the two steps to staying alive with a demo (and practice) of hands-only CPR from the American Heart Association and reviewed how to operate an AED defibrillator. Whether you are shopping, dining or enjoying the sites, feel confident knowing business owners in the Pearl make your safety a top priority. http://www.explorethepearl.com
July 18, 2014 at 0800 – The ACLS Provider Course is designed to teach providers the knowledge and skills needed to evaluate and manage the first 10 minutes of an adult VF/VT arrest. Students are expected to learn to manage 10 core ACLS cases: respiratory emergencies, 4 types of cardiac arrest (simple VT/VF, PEA and asystole), 4 types of pre-arrest emergencies (bradycardia, stable tachycarda, unstable tachycardia and acute coronary syndromes), and strokes. Email and Phone registration closes July 11, 2014.
HeartLINK was recently featured in an OregonLive.com article talking about the importance of learning CPR not only for the workplace but home, gym or anywhere you might be. Not only is CPR easy to learn but the prevalence of AED devices in public places makes having these skills essential. Read the complete article at: http://shopping.oregonlive.com/SS/Page.aspx?sstarg=&facing=false&secid=140887&pagenum=35 or by clicking the images below.
Trained by HeartLINK
Visit with HeartLINK at the annual Oregon Ambulatory Surgery Center Association conference at the Hilton Hotel, Downtown Portland, October 7 & 8, 2013. HeartLINK is a proud supporter of OASCA who’s mission is to deliver safe health care in the ambulatory setting. Many of the Oregon ASC affiliated surgery centers across the state hire HeartLINK to train their staff in BLS, ACLS, PALS, PEARS and annual Mock Codes.
BLS Instructor Course Overview: The AHA Instructor Course teaches the methods needed to effectively instruct others in the Heartsaver and/or Healthcare Provider resuscitation courses. The American Heart Association requires that Instructors be at least 16 years of age for the Heartsaver and BLS Instructor courses. A BLS Instructor will be qualified to teach the BLS for Healthcare Provider Course as well as the Heartsaver Course for the lay person. If you would like to become a Heartsaver First Aid CPR/AED Instructor ONLY, please contact the Training Center for further details prior to signing up.
A BLS Instructor Course is approximately 9 hours. The course consists of BLS Instructor Essentials, (3 hours of individual on-line pre-course work), and an additional 6 hours of classroom training and practice.
The Ideal Instructor Candidate Possesses the Following Qualities:
- A strong desire to teach in the healthcare setting
- Ability to facilitate learning and ensure students acquire the skills necessary for successful course completion
- Views student assessment as a way to improve individual knowledge and skills
- Excellent BLS performance, medical background & problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow directions & follow through with tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively in front of a group
Mandatory Course Prerequisites: Contact us for Registration details.
Next Course: Friday, November 8th, Salem, Oregon
Saturday, August 17, 2013 – 9:00 am – Portland, OR
$60.00 per person – Reservation Required
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged AED, AHA, american heart association, BBP, CPR Certification, First Aid, Lake Oswego, Oregon, Portland, Salem, Tigard, Tualatin
Are your kids home alone for the first time? Are you a new babysitter looking to enhance your resume? Or, are you a parent looking to keep you kids safe and healthy? Whoever you are we have the perfect class for you…FRIENDS & FAMILY CPR